Cleaning Canals in Retreatment
Better cleaning and minimal dentin loss.
Using chemical solvents to dissolve Gutta-Percha and cement may not be an ideal option. The use of solvents results in filling the whole secondary anatomy, canal walls and dentin tubules with remnants of Gutta-Percha and cement, making it much more difficult to execute a thorough cleaning.
A good available alternative is the combination of ultrasonics and mechanized instruments. Ultrasonic tips should be used to remove Gutta-Percha from the cervical and medium portions of the canal. This method is faster than using manual files and also helps to preserve the canal anatomy because the filling materials are removed with a minimal dentin loss.
1. Using a retreatment rotary file, remove any previous filling material from the canal.
2. The file is not physically able to remove everything.
3. Using a Clearsonic™ or Flatsonic™ tip, touch all canal walls to remove residues.
4. Activate the irrigation solution as a final cleaning step.
“I have been impressed with the responsiveness and quality of the Helse ultrasonic tips. They are my go to tips for custom bent apical surgery tips. I routinely use them for non-surgical endodontic therapy and have been impressed with their durability and quality. .”
Dr. Keith Kanter, DDS
Journal Articles & Research
– JOURNAL OF ENDODONTICS, OCTOBER 2015
– JOURNAL OF ENDODONTICS, April 2011
– INTERNATIONAL ENDODONTIC JOURNAL, 2017
– JOURNAL OF ENDODONTICS, February 2015
– BRAZILIAN ORAL RESEARCH, January 10, 2019
Starter Packs to get you going.
We’ve assembled three separate starter packs packaged with a procedure field guide to get you started supercharging ultrasonics in your practice.
Endo Starter Pack
The Endo Starter Pack includes 6 Ultrasonics Tips to get you started with Pulp Chamber, Middle Third and Activation procedures.
Endo Master Pack
The Endo Master Pack includes 12 Ultrasonics Tips for Pulp Chamber, Middle Third, Activation, Post Removal and Retreatment procedures.
Endo Guru Pack
The Endo Guru Pack includes 18 Ultrasonics Tips for maximum flexibility with Pulp Chamber, Middle Third, Activation,Post Removal, Apical Surgery and Retreatment procedures.
When purchasing tips we offer savings for every 6 tips you add to your cart. No discount codes just add to your cart and start saving.